Regional and national clients turn to Jennifer for her experience with complex acquisitions, development, leasing, and permitting projects.
Her areas of focus include:
- Leasing: Jennifer has particular expertise representing both landlords and tenants in office, laboratory, and R&D leasing throughout the Greater Boston area. She has successfully negotiated leasing transactions for companies ranging from fitness startups, life sciences tenants, and R&D facilities, to the 200,000+ square foot corporate headquarters of an international technology corporation.
- Development: Jennifer is experienced in all phases of the development process including entity formation, land assembly, zoning and permitting, construction and permanent financing, and workouts/restructuring. She routinely appears before local Planning Boards and Zoning Boards of Appeals on behalf of her clients. Jennifer represented the developer of a major continuing care retirement community, including permitting of 430-acre site, conservation and railroad easements, and construction phases.
- Land Use/Conservation: Jennifer advises clients establishing conservation easements and navigating Chapter 61A. She has successfully negotiated all permitting phases for the development of residential communities to include preservation of critical open space and establishment of trail easements.
- Municipal Real Estate: Jennifer advises municipal clients on real estate matters, including procurement, easements, conservation restrictions, licenses, and leases.
- Airports: Jennifer represents airports around the country in the negotiation of complex lease transactions with airlines and non-aeronautical tenants, including airline use and lease agreements, hangar development, and business parks tenants.
Prior to practicing law, Jennifer was a Certified Public Accountant with KPMG Peat Marwick’s Washington, D.C. office and The Washington Post Company. She is a graduate of the University of Virginia and the University of Virginia School of Law.
BEYOND THE OFFICE
Jennifer lives in North Reading with her 2 sons. When not cheering at their sporting events, she enjoys cycling, horseback riding and running the local trails with her dog, a rescue Munsterlander.
University of Virginia, J.D., 1993
University of Virginia, B.S., 1986
Raven Society, Omicron Delta Kappa
- North Reading Zoning Board of Appeals, Chair
- CREW Boston
- Boston Bar Association Title and Conveyancing Committee, Past Co-Chair
- North Shore Community Action Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- Boston Women Leaders Association
- Represented owner in complex decommissioning and sale of a contaminated manufacturing facility.
- Successfully negotiated Host Community Agreement and all permitting phases to allow development of 50 unit residential community and preservation of critical open space.
- Serves as condominium counsel for mixed use and residential condominium projects.
- Counsel to owner in all aspects of downtown Boston office building sale-leaseback transaction, including assignment of securitized debt and 1031 Exchange.
- Represented developer of major continuing care retirement community, including permitting of 430 acre site, $44 million first round MDFA bond financing, MGL c. 61A issues, and construction phases.
- Represented developer of a suburban market office building campus, including land assembly, permitting, and negotiation of development contracts.
- Negotiating leasing transactions on behalf of both landlords and tenants including single tenant office complexes, downtown and suburban office leases, laboratory, R&D, and manufacturing facilities, expansions and workouts, retail and restaurant leases, and airport operating agreements, hangar and land use leases.
- Counsel to Boston charter school in acquisition, tax exempt bond financing and redevelopment of school campus including negotiation of construction and architectural contracts and condominium documents.
- Created conservation restrictions for private land trusts.
- Represented developer of a condominium vacation home community on Cape Cod including acquisition, financing and creation of condominium.
- Advised the Martha’s Vineyard Airport Commission in establishing a fair market rent policy to comply with FAA regulations.
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Non-Aeronautical Leases,” Massachusetts Airport Managers Association (MAMA) (October 2021).
- Speaker, “Real Estate Basics for Municipal Airports,” Massachusetts Airport Managers Association (MAMA) (October 2019).
- Speaker, “The Essentials of Office & Retail Leasing in Massachusetts,” National Business Institute.
- Speaker, “The Basics of Title Review,” Boston Bar Association.
- Speaker, “Legal Pitfalls for Airports Roundtable,” Massachusetts Airport Managers Association (MAMA) (September 2018).