Anderson & Kreiger’s Public Law trial lawyers defend municipalities and public agencies across the country. Acutely aware of how reputation, regulations and politics affect cases in this highly regulated area, A&K attorneys handle sensitive and highly charged disputes quickly and completely comprehensively for these unique clients.
Our Public Law lawyers have unparalleled experience handling litigation in the public sector.
A&K is home to:
- A former United States Attorney.
- Several former Assistant United States Attorneys.
- A former interim Executive Director of the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) and General Counsel of the Massport, and a former Civil Chief in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston.
- A former Chief Legal Counsel for Governor Charlie Baker.
- A former Chief of the Economic Crimes Unit at the Boston U.S. Attorney’s Office and former Deputy Chief Legal Counsel to Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Governor William Weld.
Our extraordinary group of attorneys defends some of the most sensitive and complex litigation matters facing public law clients.
Our lawyers are selected for their niche experience, exemplary character, and established ability to resolve complicated public law disputes. And as a result of the deep trust leaders in the public sector place in A&K attorneys, our team is often found at the forefront of the most visible public law disputes. For instance:
- We successfully represented the Massachusetts Gaming Commission in litigation brought by the City of Boston, the City of Revere, and Mohegan Sun to challenge the award of a casino license to Wynn Resorts.
- We obtained the successful dismissal of a class-action lawsuit against the MBTA for commuter rail service disruptions caused by the historically terrible winter of 2015.
- We defended a town’s right to use Community Preservation Acts funds to preserve two historic churches, including prevailing at the trial court level and arguing at the SJC resulting in the creation of new law on the Anti-Aid Amendment.
- We successfully defended a challenge to a Massachusetts town and its schools regarding its mask mandate.
- Successfully pursued legislative change and court authorization to adapt voting, town meeting, and public meetings in general to the realities of COVID.
Public sector clients partner with A&K attorneys because they know we understand their particular challenges and the most effective ways to resolve difficult disputes while minimizing the negative impacts sometimes associated with litigation.